#smcakl // Social Media Club Auckland
For seven years we’ve been presenting monthly events for the NZ social media community. #smcakl is known as the place to drink something cold, meet someone new and learn something useful.
We invite leading practitioners to share how they are succeeding and managing the massive change social media has brought about.
#smcakl connects, educates and inspires social media users. Our vision is for kiwis to dwell at the leading edge of social media use.
- NZ’s most popular monthly tech/media event series.
- Annual #NZSMA’s - the New Zealand Social Media Awards.
- Social video content, including event livestreams, interviews and a new online social talent series.
- NZ’s largest social media community across twitter, facebook and LinkedIn.
- Job centre for the digital marketing industry (coming soon).
- An email magazine reaching thousands of digital marketing professionals each month.
#smcakl is open for business, continually looking to establish new business partnerships that can benefit our community.
#smcakl is unique
While there are a few business and marketing events around Auckland there’s nothing like #smcakl:
- Our events are always free, with attendance averaging 250-300.
- We feature great NZ food and beverages thanks to our fantastic sponsors.
- Our speakers are practitioners, not commentators: we present the people actually doing the leading-edge work others want to learn from.
- We’re diverse: Our speakers and audience re ect our city and the future, not the past.
- We’re multi-channel: The events thoroughly integrate social media and social media provides full access to the events, via live-streamed video and our active #smcakl hashtag.